5 GENERATIONS OF HANDS
In this amazing picture of 5 generations of hands, what is the difference between the baby’s hand in which the skin looks so Youthful, Plump and just beaming with Vitality and the hand of a 90 year old that looks dried out, leathery and near the end of life?
THE DIFFERENCE IS HYDRATION
IT’S ALL ABOUT HYDRATION
The difference is really hydration at the cellular level.
- A baby is 80% water
- An adult male is 60 -70% water
- A 80-90 year old is 50% water
LIFE IN A FISHBOWL
- Fish cannot escape the fish bowl - it’s their external environment
- If the fish bowl is not kept clean, then the fish will die
- Our cells are the same in that they live in the water that surrounds every cell
- This is the Extracellular Fluid (ECF) – Also called Extracellular Water (ECW)
- This ECF space is the largest organ in the body
If this Extracellular Fluid gets too toxic or contaminated, then oxygen and other nutrients cannot get to the cells efficiently
BODY STRIVES FOR FLUID BALANCE
- In a steady state, the osmolarity* (concentration) in ECF is the same as in ICF (Isotonic)
- Cells either shrink or swell because intracellular and extracellular fluids have different osmolarity
- Increasing osmolarity (toxins) of ECF draws water out of the cells to dilute it and cells shrink (Hypertonic)
- Decreasing osmolarity of ECF draws water inside of cells and causes cells to swell (Hypotonic)
- *Osmolarity is the measure of solute concentration, defined as the number of osmoles (Osm) of solute per liter (L) of solution (osmol/L or Osm/L)
WHAT IS DEHYDRATION?
- To dilute the toxins in our Extracellular Fluid (ECF), Intracellular Fluid/Water (ICF) flows from the cells to the ECF to try and dilute the toxins in our internal fishbowl
- This decrease in Intracellular Fluid/Water (ICF) is dehydration
- Every chronic disease or condition involves dehydration
- Dehydration causes inflammation
- This leads to accelerated aging of the cells
Are you going to be a plum or a prune?
How are you going to treat the 75 trillion cells in your fish bowl?
BALANCE OF INTRACELLULAR (ICW) AND EXTRACELLULAR WATER (ECW) IN THE BODY
Hydration Machine water shows greater increase of ICW over ECW than other waters (reverse aging).